Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to the most frequent questions I get asked.
- Do you use Dreamweaver to build your sites?
- No! All of the sites that I build (non-open source) are coded by hand. I have an expert knowledge of XHTML and so do not need a 3rd party program to write code for me. This means I know how the site is built, how the code is structured and where to go should any changes be required.
- Can you work on any Content Managed System?
- Although I specialise in Joomla!, I have a working knowledge on most Content Managed Systems as well as writing bespoke ones if required.
- Do you offer any after-sales care?
- Of course. I will teach you how to use your site, and am always on the end of the phone if you get stuck. I can also offer rolling contract support if required.
- Are you qualified?
- Yes. I went to Croydon College of Art & Design in the late 1980's for two years and got a National Diploma in graphic design. From there I went on to Barnet College of Art & Design where I completed a Higher National Diploma in graphic design with merit.
- How long have you been building websites?
- My first commercial job in web design was in 1994 and I have been developing and designing sites ever since.
- Do you do work for people outside the UK?
- I am very happy to work for clients around the world. I have clients in America and Europe at the moment.
- Do you work for a company or design house on a freelance basis?
- Yes. I can take on freelance work for you, although I always work from my base rather than in your office.
- Do you do graphic design work as well as web design?
- Yes. I have huge experience in graphic design and would be very happy to assist you. When we complete your web site, we can then create new business cards and any other items you need to match your new look. I spent 10 years as an art editor and designer on national newstand magazines as well as 2 years as a packaging designer, so I have a wealth of experience I can bring to you.